The vast majority of running clubs have a type of championships where they reward the fastest runners in each race. This isn’t what MFR is about, so we’ve not strayed too far away from our previous system of rewarding attendance and personal bests (PBs) with more weighting now towards attendance.
Races are a mixture of old favourites and new events and include all Manchester Area Cross Country League races (MACCL), both Couch to 5 km graduation races, a choice of other Frontrunner club races, plus a few trail and fell races to provide more varied terrain.
The main points of the competition are:
- Replaces our old points competition – now only MFR club races contribute towards the championships
- 5 points are awarded for each club championship race completed.
- 3 points will be awarded for PBs broken at each of the PB-able events. This is only awarded for breaking a PB, not setting one. If people achieve a PB purely because they haven’t run the distance before they will receive 1 point.
- No marathons are included, however, a bonus of 10 points will be awarded for completing a marathon +/- PB points. This bonus can only be awarded twice in a year.
- Club champions will be the male and female with the most accumulated points after the last race (Stockport 10 mile). In the event of a tie whoever has taken part in the most club races will win. Prizes awarded at the Xmas do!
- Introduction of a V45+ category for both sexes. Only PBs from last 3 years to count. Winners of each category to get same prizes as 2nd/3rd place in main competition. To qualify they must be 45+ on 1/1/18. If a V45+ wins the main competition the V45+ in 2nd place will win that category
- Standings published and updated monthly
The list of qualifying club championship races is on our Races page
Also, Spot prizes of 1 point will be awarded to any member logging a run on the MFR Strava group on the following randomly selected dates:
Friday, 11 May 2018
Monday, 18 June 2018
Wednesday, 20 June 2018
Monday, 2 July 2018
Friday, 13 July 2018
Wednesday, 18 July 2018
Thursday, 26 July 2018
Friday, 27 July 2018
Monday, 13 August 2018
Saturday, 18 August 2018
Tuesday, 28 August 2018
Saturday, 1 September 2018
Sunday, 2 September 2018
Thursday, 13 September 2018
Wednesday, 19 September 2018
Monday, 1 October 2018
Sunday, 7 October 2018
Friday, 19 October 2018
Wednesday, 24 October 2018
Thursday, 29 November 2018
|Leaderboard – Women|
|Leaderboard – Men|