New for 2017!
The vast majority of running clubs have a type of championships where they reward the fastest runners in each race. This isn’t what MFR is about, so we’ve not strayed too far away from our previous system of rewarding attendance and personal bests (PBs) with more weighting now towards attendance.
Races are a mixture of old favourites and new events and include all Manchester Area Cross Country League races (MACCL), both Couch to 5 km graduation races, a choice of other Frontrunner club races, plus a few trail and fell races to provide more varied terrain.
The main points of the competition are:
- Replaces our old points competition – now only MFR club races contribute towards the championships
- 5 points are awarded for each club championship race completed up to a maximum of 80 points. i.e. of the 22 club championship races, you can miss 6 and still get maximum attendance points.
- 3 points will be awarded for PBs broken at each of the 17 PB-able events. This is only awarded for breaking a PB, not setting one. If people achieve a PB purely because they haven’t run the distance before they will receive 1 point.
- No marathons (except club holiday option) are included, however, a bonus of 10 points will be awarded for completing a marathon +/- PB points. This bonus can only be awarded twice in a year.
- Club champions will be the male and female with the most accumulated points after the last race (Stockport 10 mile). In the event of a tie whoever has taken part in the most club races will win. Prizes consists of a trophy, free years membership, personalised MFR vest and goody bag for male and female winners. 2nd and 3rd each to get a runners up trophy – all awarded at the Xmas do!
- Introduction of a V45+ category for both sexes. Only PBs from last 3 years to count. Winners of each category to get same prizes as 2nd/3rd place in main competition. To qualify they must be 45+ on 1/1/17. If a V45+ wins the main competition the V45+ in 2nd place will win that category
- Standings published and updated monthly
The list of qualifying club championship races is on our Races page