2019 Club Championships
The vast majority of running clubs have a type of championships where they reward the fastest runners in each race. This isn’t what MFR is about, so our system will reward attendance and personal bests (PBs) as well as those who volunteer and support.
The races chosen for 2019 are all of the old favourites, and include all Manchester Area Cross Country League races (MACCL).
The main points of the competition are:
- 5 points are awarded for each club championship race completed.
- 3 points will be awarded for PBs broken at each of the PB-able events. This is only awarded for breaking a PB, not setting one. If people achieve a PB purely because they haven’t run the distance before they will receive 1 point.
- The Manchester Marathon is included and will receive 10 points, +/- PB points. One additional marathon can also be completed and will receive 10 points, +/- PB points.
- 5 points will be awarded for volunteering at any club championship race. Current opportunities: MACCL Match 5, It’s a Piece of Cake 10km and Manchester Half.
- 2 points will be awarded for supporting at any club championship race (please message Martin Dunn on Facebook or via firstname.lastname@example.org to log your support points).
- Club champions will be the male and female with the most accumulated points after the last race (Stockport 10 mile). In the event of a tie whoever has taken part in the most club races will win. Prizes awarded at the Xmas do!
- V45+ category for both sexes. Winners of each category to get same prizes as 2nd/3rd place in main competition. To qualify they must be 45+ on 1/1/19. If a V45+ wins the main competition the V45+ in 2nd place will win that category
- Standings published and updated monthly
The list of qualifying club championship races is on our Races page