Joining us for the first time
We suggest new runners come along to a Thursday or Saturday session as we have nominated buddies who will run with you and tell you about the club, whilst showing you the route and making sure you don’t get lost! We offer approximate 5/7.5/10km options and the buddy will run at your pace, not theirs. Most people who join us can already run/jog at least 5 km, and twice a year we offer a couch to 5km course for complete beginners (Apps are also widely available and a good way to start). If you are an established runner then you are welcome to try our Tuesday track session.
If you decide to come along, then simply turn up. But you can also email our Co-Chairs in advance if you have any questions or just to let us know you are coming so we look out for you.
You can join our Manchester Frontrunners Facebook Group and post to inform us you are coming or ask a question – it is a very active site and you’ll get a warm welcome from members! Our Facebook Group is used for all our events (socials and races) and we advise new members to join if they can. If all that isn’t enough, then we have a Twitter account so you can follow us too!
Joining the club
We advise new people to come to a few sessions before deciding whether to enroll as a member. We offer a range of memberships including reduced fees for people on lower incomes:
|Full (1 year, April-March)||£34||Full benefits|
|Unwaged/Hardship (1 year, April-March)||£16||Full benefits|
|New Year (joining January-March)||£19||Full benefits (but no free vest)|
|Second Claim (1 year, April-March)||£10||Training and social benefits|
- Automatic membership to North of England Athletics Association – which entitles you to UK Athletics insurance, plus a £2 discount on all races under UK Athletics rules
- Discounts in specialist running shop, e.g. both Sweatshop and Up & Running offer a 10% discount on non-sale items
- Eligibility to join the Manchester Athletics Scheme, which gets you discounted entry to the Manchester Regional Athletics Arena at Sports City, where the club track sessions are held every Tuesday
- New members get their first MFR running vest FREE, plus the opportunity to purchase other items of MFR branded kit
- Free training sessions and sports advice/coaching
- Eligibility to represent MFR at team events such as local cross country and championship races
- Monthly Newsletter, and regular email/Facebook updates
- Invitation to social and activity events such as the club’s annual holiday abroad, bi-annual training weekends, camping trips in the UK, and local events such as meals, drinks, ten-pin bowling, theatre trips, countryside walks etc.
If you decide to join the club then ask Jono Guildford for a Membership Form at a club session or email him.