Joining us for the first time
We welcome new runners along to run with us on the third Thursday and Saturday of every month. This allows us to make sure we have enough buddies available to give you a proper welcome to the club! We offer approximate 5/7.5/10km options and the buddy will run at your pace, not theirs. Most people who join us can already run at least 5 km, if you’re just starting out we’d recommend downloading the Couch to 5k app which will get you up to 5km in no time. If you are already an established runner then you are welcome to try our Tuesday track session.
If you’d like to come along to a run, please drop a short email to our Co-Chairs in advance to let us know when you’re planning on coming along and your level of running. Please also feel free to ask us any other questions.
We manage attendance at our runs through an app called Spond. We’ll email you the details about how to download it and sign up after you’ve got in touch with us.
New Runners – Autumn / Winter 2021 dates:
You can follow our Manchester Frontrunners Facebook Page and Instagram to see more about what we get up to. Our closed Facebook Group is used for all our events (socials and races) and we advise new members to join if they can. If all that isn’t enough, then we have a Twitter account so you can follow us too!
Joining the club
We advise new people to come to a few sessions before deciding whether to enrol as a member. If you decide to join the club then ask Jono Guildford for a Membership Form at a club session or email him.
We offer reduced membership fees for people on lower incomes, and a second claim option for people with an active membership at another England Athletics affiliated club (their first claim club):
|Membership Type||Cost for 2018/19||Benefits|
|Second Claim||£10||Training and social benefits|
Membership requires renewal each April regardless of joining date; however new members joining after 1st January do not need to renew until April the following year.
- Automatic membership to England Athletics – which entitles you to UK Athletics insurance, plus a £2 discount on all races under UK Athletics rules
- Discounts in specialist running shop, e.g. both Sweatshop and Up & Running offer a 10% discount on non-sale items
- Eligibility to join the free MCR Active scheme, which gets you discounted entry to the Manchester Regional Athletics Arena at Sports City, where the club track sessions are held every Tuesday
- New members get their first MFR running vest FREE, plus the opportunity to purchase other items of MFR branded kit
- Free training sessions and sports advice/coaching
- Eligibility to represent MFR at team events such as local cross country and championship races
- Invitation to social and activity events such as the club’s annual holiday abroad, bi-annual training weekends, camping trips in the UK, and local events such as meals, drinks, ten-pin bowling, theatre trips, countryside walks etc.